Friday, September 16, 2016

Achilles update #3: Shit

So I hopped on the treadmill for the first time in a while. It was a Fast-ish workout due to time constraints. I wore shoes that border on the small side with a 6mm drop and set treadmill elevation at 1.0%.

Low and behold, the Achilles felt twingy.

So despite good behavior as of late...adding three somewhat textbook Achilles offenders (inclination, heel cuff pressure, intensity) can cause almost instant irritation. 

So I dropped inclination to .5% then 0%, and luckily the workout was brief. So after effects were minimal, I can feel it today. It's sensitive when I does idled with a straight leg, but luckily still didn't  have the achy and tightness in morning.

Sad to have a slight step backwards, but have the ibuprofen onboard and hope for nothing long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment